Disability Confident is creating a movement of change, encouraging employers to think differently about disability and take action to improve how they recruit, retain and develop disabled people.
“At HTM, we are passionate about having a fully diverse and inclusive workforce, and we recognise the value that all people, including those with disabilities can bring to the business and that we can make small changes to enable them to thrive in our workplace” said HR Coordinator, Richard Kritzinger.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, HTM have committed to:
- Ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicating and promoting vacancies
- Offering interviews to disabled people
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- Supporting existing employees who may acquire a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
The business has also committed to creating opportunities such as work experience and work trials for people with disabilities and ensuring that the interview process can be flexible, such as allowing a mentor or nominated person to also attend the interview and provide support.
“This is just the first step, ensuring that potential applicants know that we are an inclusive employer and that we are taking the right measures to support real work opportunities for those with disabilities,” commented Marcus Casey, Business Director.